Everyone is striving for a general state of good health, usually as a result of nutrition and exercise. But, when your calories intake is higher than calories burn, you might face a problem called over-weight. Weight loss happens by burning more calories than you take in. You can achieve the goal by reducing extra calories from drinks and food and increasing calories burned through physical activity and workout. Remember, you don’t have to do it alone. Consult your doctor, family, and friends for assistance and support. When you are internally motivated to lose weight, it might be easy for you to set goals and make a plan for achieving them. There are many ways and a number of diet plans to lose a lot of weight fast. However, it is not an easy task to stay on track while striving for weight loss. If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly. Here is a great meal to add to your diet plan that will definitely surprise you with its magical effects on your body.
As cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable (has only 5g carbs per 1 cup) and is widely available. It has only 25 calories per 1 cup as compared to brown rice that has 215 calories per 1 cup. Rice is a major part of many meals. There is a variety of rice such as sticky rice, white rice, brown rice, stir rice, wide rice, etc. Rice is rich in calories; cut down rice from routine meals if you are on your diet plan for losing weight.
Cauliflower rice is becoming popular day by day because of its overwhelming taste, texture and lesser amount of calories when you compare it with other rice. Cauliflower rice is easy and quick to make and has a fine and awesome taste. It can be a little tricky to get the perfect texture because it can easily become mashed.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe:
Here, 2 ways are presented for you:
1) Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice:
- Wash and cut the hard part and stalks from the cauliflower and put the rest in a machine (food processor) to make little pieces (the size of rice)
- Put into a heatproof bowl and cover it
- Put the bowl in microwave for 7 minutes on high temperature
- Stir in coriander and don’t add water
2) On Stove:
- Wash cauliflower and trim the leaves and cut the stems
- Chop into tiny pieces and put in the food processor with the grating attachment
(Now you can get rice-like consistency)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper
- Serve with normal vegetable and meat dishes