Face fat and double chin are problems many women and men trying to get rid of without surgery. If you are reading this that means you have double chin and are actively searching for some solution that actually works. It is not your fault, having chiseled jaw line with nice cheekbones is the trend.
Sagging chin is mainly caused by the increasing age, the loss of collagen and overweight is called a double chin. Fortunately, chin and neck can be toned effectively with these face exercises. Double chin workouts to tone the face are as important as the physical exercises that help in weight loss and tone the body.
1. The Chin Lift or Kissing the Ceiling
Chin lift exercise is the best way to get rid of a double chin. This helps to workout and stretching most of the facial muscles, including the jaw, throat and neck.
To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
- Stand or sit with so that your spine is erect.
- Tilt your head back so that your face is towards the ceiling and you are looking toward it.
- Now it is time to pucker your lips tightly so that it looks like you are trying to kiss the ceiling.
It is important not to engage any other facial muscles during the workout. Only your lips are involved. You can count up to 5 while holding your lips in a puckered position and then release and go back to normal position. Perform 5-10 repetitions.
2. Platysma Exercise
The platsma workout is an incredible chin exercise that helps tone the chin and cheek muscles helping you to have a prominent jaw line. The platysma is a muscle from the chin and extends to the shoulder.
To strengthen and tone the platysma muscle, follow these steps.
- Sit or stand so that your spine is in erect position.
- Pull your lips back against your teeth, and turn the corners of your mouth downward.
- Open your mouth slightly, and activate the muscles of your jaw. Keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth and the corners of your mouth turned down. The tendons on your neck should stand out.
- Wiggle your lower jaw up and down 5 to 10 times.
Repeat this workout 5-10 times to tone your platysma muscle and get rid of double chin.
3. Jaw Release
Get a sexy, strong cheekbones and a prominent jaw line with the practice of releasing the jaw, which is one of the most effective workout for reducing chin fat. It helps to stretch and work the muscles around the lips, jaws and cheeks.
- In a seated or standing position, elongate your spine for a tall, straight back.
- Moving your jaws up and down like you are chewing and keeping your lips together, inhale deeply through your nose then slowly exhale while humming.
- When you finish the exhale, open your mouth as wide as possible with the tip of your tongue gently pressed against the back of your bottom teeth.
- Holding this position, inhale then exhale with an audible “ahhh” sound. The entire move should take 90 seconds. That’s one rep. Complete two.
4. Roll Your Neck and Lose Double Chin
How to perform roll your neck exercise?
- Stand with your spine upright.
- Turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder. Your eyes should be looking off to the side, too.
- Slowly roll your head downward, then up to the other side.
- Repeat 10 times.
5. Head Lifts to Get Rid of Double Chin
- Head lift workout is helpful in toning your neck muscles. In order to perform this exercise,
- Lie on your bed with your neck on the edge of the bed and let your head hang relaxed off the side.
- Contracting the muscles at the front of your neck, slowly lift and curl your head toward your chest as far as you can while keeping your shoulders flat on the bed.
- Hold for 10 seconds, then, being careful not to let your head drop, slowly relax your neck to return your head to starting position. That’s one rep.
Double chin workouts will help you strengthen your neck and facial muscles to have better jawline. However, you must understand that losing overall body fat and incorporating healthy diet is the key to getting rid of double chin.